2008年8月31日 星期日

audio-technica ATH-M40fs


It's because that I was complained for watching DVD or playing PS3 at night while my kid falling into sleep, so I bought this ATH-M40fs.
.
It's made in Taiwan. Why it costs me more than people buy in US? (2500 NTD, about 80 USD, vs 60 USD) ..... Why?
.
There are many good comments in Amazon for this headphone. However, my first experience was not good. But later I found out that it's because my YAMAHA RX-V661 Amp simulated to 7ch stereo from 2 ch music then mixed all into this cans, that caused the bad hearing experience, because too many sounds mixed together.
After I changed to 2 ch mode, then it is really good.
.
Some experience in some modes:
Music:
Audio source 2 ch, Amp mode 7 ch stereo & silence mode = bad. ( !? I got used to this mode. It became better ! ....... Strange. It sounds good now after several days ......... seems different music matters....)
Audio source 2 ch, Amp mode pro logic II & silence mode = not good.
Audio source 2 ch, Amp mode 2 ch stereo = good.
Audio source 2 ch, Amp mode 2 ch enhenced = very good.
.
PS3: (PCM)
Audio source 5 ch, Amp mode 7 ch enhenced & silence mode = hear all ch sounds but level down.
Audio source 5 ch, Amp mode 2 ch enhenced = clear sound, good.
Does this result lead to not suitable to have multi-ch mixed for this headphones .....? No!
.
DVD with DTS, AC3:
Audio source 5 ch, Amp mode movie spectacle & silence mode = very good.
Audio source 5 ch, Amp mode 2 ch enhenced = clear but not good sound field.
.
.
Conclusion: x ch audio source suitable in x ch mode ...... This is a great headphone !!

沒有留言:

website stats